is a health educator and motivational rap artist. He educates, inspires, motivates and encourages youth to stay healthy and make positive choices. Sterlen and his dance group, Special EFX, deliver a high-energy presentation using facts, humor, personal experience, games, audience participation, and a live rap and dance performance.
Fun Food & Fitness promotes physical activity and healthy food choices with an engaging, high-energy interactive presentation!... More >>
Violence and Bullying Prevention is a program designed to decrease bullying and violence in schools. It strives to make schools safe havens and positive learning environments. It focuses on changing the idea that kids are not supposed to tell when they see or experience something wrong, and that "snitches get stitches." ... More >>
Through this program students are helped to avoid teen pregnancy, being targeted by sexual imagery in the media, and negative choices. Music is used as an example of how we live in a society where "sex sells"... More >>
The Unfiltered Facts presentation is highly interactive, includes rap and dance performances, and promotes a passion for being drug-free, alcohol-free and smoke-free! It focuses on telling the truth, the unfiltered facts, about the harmful effects of drugs, alcohol and tobacco products, and the marketing practices of the tobacco industry. Information is shared that is not commonly found in newspapers, on television, or in classrooms, and it is facilitated in a way that is personal, powerful and effective!... More >>
Motivational Speaker EventsSterlen Barr's Rapping About Prevention programs have been called "one of the best" assemblies by staff and students alike. He has received nearly perfect ratings at conferences. Evaluations from his presentations have been outstanding and showed positive impact towards knowledge, behavior and attitude. Sterlen Barr has opened up his schedule to include additional motivational speaker events. RAP progams are available for school assemblies (K-12), conferences - keynote speaker and workshop sessions, college events, corporate functions, fundraising, daycares, summer programs, camps (dance lessons included), community fairs, and so much more! Sterlen has been a presenter for conferences in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio and Florida. The RAP crew will travel to a city near you!RAP performed for the Delaware 87ers during half-time this past March. The audience were up on their feet chanting Sterlen's raps back to him! When Rapping About Prevention performs for your audience, the only issue you will have is his instant fans asking you... how soon can they come back! Book them by calling or emailing us, and asking if he can present at your next event today! Hurry, his schedule fills up fast!
Read our Letter from The White House!!!
Dear Mr. Barr,
Thank you for offering to help the First Lady in the Fight against Chilhood obesity... Read More >>
- June 9, 2015 - Prince Hall Mason's honored Sterlen Barr with a community service award (below) for his continued efforts to inspire, uplift and provide resources to enhance education for the children of Prince Hall Elementary School, where he serves as Alumni President.
- April 24, 2015 - "Rapping About Prevention Teams Up with American Kidney Fund for Kidney Action Day." more>>
- April 10, 2015 - "Sterlen Barr, educator and motivational rap artist, will facilitate the rally, and his talent group will use music, hip-hop, break dancing and engaging activities to encourage and motivate students for the PSSA. For more than 20 years, Barr has used the power of music..." more>>
- July 1, 2009 - The Philadelphia rapper is the frontman for the group Rapping About Prevention, a rap and dance act that discourages people, especially youth, from smoking. more>>
- Jun 11, 2009 - "Sterlen Barr, aka "No Puff Daddy," of Philadelphia performs for students participating in the EVSC summer school program at Culver..."more>>
- April 14, 2005 - "Chalk Out the Smoke" - more>>
Beautiful, City Hall photos by www.z3i-photography.com